Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Only Time Will Tell

What do you all think about Albertsons' Coupon Roundup? This is when Albertsons will take coupons between $0.25 and $0.99 and automatically round them up to $1 and any coupon $0.24 or less, they will quadruple the value. This promotion has not come to our area yet, but I would like to give it a try and see how I like it in comparison to their Twice the Value coupon promotions.

One side of me feels like you get a better value when they give you up to $1 for each of my coupons, where the Coupon Roundup, I wouldn't receive that much of a benefit on one coupon. I can potentially save $2 on just one item. However, the other side of me realizes the benefits of their Coupon Roundup program. Albertsons will round up an unlimited number of coupons in one transaction, so that would cut down on the number of trips I would be making to Albertsons, saving me time and gas. Also I don't know how many coupons I don't end up using each month because they just weren't a high enough value to warrant a great deal. Now I may be able to utilize these lower value coupons on a great deal. I'm curious to know your thoughts.

I have heard that some Idaho Albertsons will be running a Coupon Roundup promotion the entire week! If it hits our area, it may be a perfect time to test it out. However, I am not expecting it as we sit on the border of Washington and usually follow their lead. Last time the Coupon Roundup came to Southern Idaho, Twice the Value coupons came to our area, so I am hoping that we may have the TTV coupons here all week! Can't wait to check my paper tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Grrr... no coupon promotions for us this week! However, I wouldn't be surprised to see TTVs in our Sunday ad, in fact I am banking on it! I have my eye on some potentially great deals. I must say that even though are area doesn't have many coupons to match up to the ConAgra promotion running this week, that there are some really great prices even without coupons. I am super low on ketchup. How crazy do you think I would look if I went through the line with 25 bottles? Okay, I'm not crazy enough to do that but one time I bought 5 bottles at one time and a guy behind me in line commented that he didn't know what I needed so much ketchup for but that I sure got a great deal =) I thought jeez this is nothing, LOL!

    ReplyDelete