Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday Shopping

Now that we have approached the fall season, I am falling back into my normal routine of Sunday shopping. We spent so much time playing this summer, that very little else got done during the weekends, leaving me feeling stressed and scrambling all week long, then needing another playful, leisure weekend to recover.... such a vicious cycle =) But now fall is here and our Saturdays are still full with the boys' sport activities and other community activities, however, we are spending our weekends at home with lazy Sundays. This is a perfect opportunity for me to get a few shopping trips in early in the morning and have the rest of my day for laundry and all that other fun and wonderful stuff!

In anticipation of Alberstsons Twice the Value (TTV) coupons, I headed straight to my paper box Sunday morning and was pleased to indeed find them in my Sunday paper. I headed out to do the following transaction:

6 Del Monte Vegetables $0.59 each
  • Used $1/5 coupon & doubled (not available locally - I ordered from Ebay)
  • Final Price $1.54 for all 6 or $0.26 each - received $2 catalina - $0.46 Moneymaker!

2 Darigold Chocolate Milk Singels (16-oz) $1 each

  • Used $1/2 coupon from & doubled
  • Final Price FREE

1 Danimals Yogurt 4-ct $2.49

  • Used $1/1 coupon from Albertsons Fall Savings Coupon Book (no longer available)
  • Final Price $0.49

Total Spent $2.03 - Received $2 Catalina = Like Paying $0.03!


While at the store, I noticed they did not have any extra TTV coupons out, so I decided to buy some extra papers. It was a good week for coupons so I thought it was worth the extra copies and that way I would have extra TTV coupons incase Albertsons didn't put any extras out. I first purchased a Spokesman Review hoping they would have the Red Plum since our local paper did not - no such luck. I was really wanting that $4 Shick coupon!


Now that I had more TTV coupons, I headed to different Albertsons and did these two transactions (broke a set of TTV coupons into 2 transactions to take advantage of Del Monte vegetables on my limited TTV coupons).


Transaction 1:


6 Del Monte Vegetables $0.59 each

  • Used $1/5 coupon & doubled
  • Final Price $1.54 for all 6 - $0.26 each - Received $2 Catalina = $0.46 Moneymaker!

1 Coffee-Mate Creamer (16-oz) $2.29

  • Used $1/1 coupon from Safeway $70 coupon book & doubled
  • Final Price $0.29

Used $2 Catalina to Pay - I had a brain dead moment and thought my total was going to be over $2 before tax. Total ended up only being $1.83 but it still accepted my catalina and applied the difference to sales tax. Final Price = $0.17 Moneymaker!


Then on my way home, I stopped by Walgreens:

4 Nivea Lip Care $0.99

  • Used 2 $2/2 coupons
  • Final Price FREE

1 EOS Lip Care $3.00

1 Gallon of Milk $2.89 (ouch)


Used $5 RR from Previous Week


Total Spent $0.85 - Plus I earned a $3 RR


Since Sunday, I have been back to Albertsons several times to do the Del Monte vegetable deal. This deal after coupon and TTV, ends up being $1.54, so I have been combining it with either Danimals yogurt at $0.49 each after coupon and TTV or with Coffee-Mate creamer at $0.29 each after coupon and TTV, then using my $2 catalina earned from previous transactino to get my out of pocket total between $0.12 and $0.52. This is a perfect way for me to stock up on vegetables, yogurt and creamer! I just have to make sure to be aware of expiration dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment