Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Take a Deep Breathe... It's All Good!

Do you ever have moments of insanity when a deal doesn't work out well? Then comes the moment of clarity that you realize your upset over a couple of dollars and that you spent less than you would have a year or two ago? Man I have those moments weekly! And every time it gets frustrated and I have to talk myself away from the edge of insanity.



Tonight after work, I was already frustrated, because I had hoped to get in stops at both Albertsons on my way home, but due to a sllloooowwww moving line, I did not have time to get two runs in. I was also upset because a good friend of mine had given me some great Darigold coupons that I had planned on using on that second trip and I was feeling guilty because I wasn't going to be able to use them. Time to talk myself away from the edge... coupons are good until December, there will be plenty of time to use them.... Twice the Value coupons will come around again.... possibly even tomorrow.... you did good and got several great trips in this week.... breathe.... breathe.... it's all good.



Crud I had planned on getting my egg noodles on that second trip to Albertsons, but thats okay because I want to swing by Safeway and use my $1/1 Oscar Mayer hot dog coupons with the Safeway in-ad coupon to get some FREE coupons and I have to do it today so my coupons don't expire. I make a mad dash into Safeway grab my noodles and hot dog packages, go to checkout and my coupons beep. The cashier takes a look and my coupons were actually $1/2 coupons! Why did I think it was off one? He says, "I can only take one". I told him I wasn't sure if I still wanted them but he, moving at the pace of lightning, already had me totaled out and acted as if he hadn't even heard me, so I handed over my cash. Now irritated again, my mind is spinning, "Do I got to Customer Service and return the Hot Dogs or do I just go." Running behind schedule, I just grabbed my bags and head to my car. Here I am AGAIN on the edge of insanity upset because I just paid for hot dogs.... I haven't had to pay for a package of hot dogs in almost two years! Then the moments of clarity came - you only spent like 65 cents on each package, you use to pay a couple of bucks per package!



How crazy can we get at times? Please don't tell me I'm the only one! Do you ever get mad when you get a really great buy then your kids or your husband chow it down like its water? Then you have to take a deep breathe and realize you only paid like 25 cents for it!



I would love to hear your moments of insanity! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment