Friday, January 28, 2011

Costco Spent $41.30



I use to be a regular Costco shopper but once I started using coupons, I probably only go there once every month to two months! I do like going there for produce, meat and bread products. I have found that its not the best buy when you compare it to a great sale stacked with coupons at a grocery store, however, sometimes you just don't have a coupon for something you need and you can't wait around for the next big sale. In these instances, I do think you can get the best deal at Costco.


To help me start off on the right foot with my commitment to eating healthy, I made a run this week to stock up on some of my favorite essentials:

1 Meza Traditional Hummus $4.85


1 Bag Mini Sweet Peppers $4.49


1 Pace Picante 2-pack $4.99


1 Folgers $9.99


1 Bag String Cheese $8.99


1 Bag of Edamame $7.99


Total Spent $41.30



Weekly Allowance Summary

After my Safeway runs, I had $73.17 remaining in my weekly allowance. After spending $41.30 at Costco, I still have $31.87!


This was a perfect week for a trip to Costco and to start eating healthy as I had plenty of room in my budget to stock up on healthy options! One struggle I still have with coupons is how to get great buys on healthier food options, so I just try to save enough on other foods to allow using a larger portion of my budget to cover healthier items.

No comments:

Post a Comment