Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rough Start?




Last year, I set myself a weekly spending of $5o per week for all of our groceries and toiletries. I was so surprised by how easy it was to stay under this budget! So I knew it would be an easy and reasonable balance going into the New Year. My focus this year is to make sure I have a balance of food so I never have problems of planning meals, where in the past year, I focus so much on the great deals, that I find myself lacking when it comes to produce, meat, dairy and other staples necessary to complete a meal. However, during the holiday season, I really neglected the grocery list, so it was a rough start to the year! I ended up spending $80.27 the first week of the New Year! Well over budget, however, I know I will get my spending back in line over the next few weeks. In addition, I have more than this on the way to me from Rebates, so no worries. Here is a break down of my week:










All though I went over budget, I was able to get a few months supply of dog food, not to mention stock up on meat and a few lunch items for the boys! All in all a fair week of spending =)

No comments:

Post a Comment