Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rite-Aid $3.70 MONEYMAKER!!!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Rite-Aid? I currently have a large and building stash of +Up Rewards, still have my $10 Gift of Savings Reward and I am half way to my Resolution Reward of $20! However, what I love the most is how coupon friendly my local store has become!

Tonight I swung by to make some money buying Special K cereal and Motrin. I was too late on the Motrin deal... bummer! Here is a run down of my transaction:

4 Special K Cereals on Buy One Get One FREE Sale
  • Regular Price $4.79
  • Received 2 FREE from BOGO Sale
  • Used 2 BOGO FREE coupons here (took off $4.49 on one and $4.79 on the other - please see note below)
  • Final Price $0.30 for all 4 Boxes

4 Barilla Pastas $1.25

Subtotal: $5.30

Used $5 in +Up Rewards - Total Spent $0.30 - Weekly Allowance Remaining $40.29

I earned $4 in +Up Rewards for cereal purchase = $3.70 moneymaker

And I earned $5 in +Up Rewards for pasta purchase = FREE

Note:

I have to share a story from tonight. I had a cashier I had never been to before. He told me he could only accept one of my BOGO FREE coupons. I don't remember his reason but it had to do with them being on a BOGO FREE sale. I was very nice and asked him to remove them from my transaction and explained to him their coupon policy says they do and that I would come back later in the week when I had a copy (my binder was in the car and there was a line forming). He had to call a manager to override my transaction, so when she came up he asked her about the policy of using BOGO coupons with BOGO sales. She was super friendly. She said of course they could do it and instead of jumping in and ringing me up to get the line moving, she walked him through the process. I pointed out to her the coupons were only good up to $4.49 but she forgot when she keyed in the first coupon and keyed it as $4.79. I did point this out but she said she would just leave that one as is (I have a feeling it was more trouble than it was worth)!

Motrin Deal

Here's the deal I had planned on the Motrin just incase your store has it in stock!

Motrin 20-ct $3 each

  • Buy 2 and Use $6/2 coupon
  • Final Price $0, Get Back $4 in +Up Rewards
  • $4 MONEYMAKER

No comments:

Post a Comment