Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Deliciously Cheap!


How often do you calculate how much it cost you to make a meal? Tonight as I was getting out my ingredients, I did some rough math and here is what I came up with:
1-lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast $1.75
  • Marinated in Italian Dressing I made money buying
Julienne Potatoes I made money on last fall at Safeway
  • I cup milk $0.14 (2.19 per gallon/16 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe Its Not Butter which was also a moneymaker
  • Final Price of Potatoes $0.14

Can of Green Beans ?

  • This were super cheap. I got them on an instant savings deal and stacked with a coupon the store doubled. Seems like they were about $0.09?

So for roughly $2, I was able to feed my family of 4! I can't even get a coffee in the morning for that amount! I really love the awards of couponing =)

No comments:

Post a Comment